Details** This is for the fan only **
The F-180 fan is an exact replacement for many hearth products in the industry, such as the Heat N Glo / Hearth & Home GFK-160A. The fan is designed to circulate warm air through your room, and operates on 120VAC, 60Hz power. Power must be provided through an approved factory installed junction box from the hearth products manufacturer.Features:
- Certified by ETL - Complies with CSA C22.2 & UL 1004
- Ball Bearings - Built for long lasting quiet operation
- High Temperature Impellers - Balanced Quiet Operation/Anti-Vibration
- Magnetic Mounting Strips - Quick and Simple Installation
- Two Prong Polarized Plug - Universal Application
- Output of 180 CFM
- Blower Dimensions:4 3/16"H x 12 3/4"W x 4 1/2"D
- 180 CFM dual squirrel cage blower with 2 prong power cord & ground wire
- 24 inch polarized cord
- Installation instructions
- Additional Information
UPC No Manufacturer Skytech Shipping Status Leaves warehouse in 1-2 business days Condition New Remote Functions No Screen Type No Google Name N/A Fuel Type No
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Vermont Castings/ Merrimack fan replacement.
I bought this particular GFK-160/F-180, ball bearing fan only, as a replacement for our Vermont Castings/ Merrimack wood burning fire place insert. Having replaced its proprietary, expensive, sleeve bearing fan blower once already, after 1 season that fan blower becomes very noisy due to the fact that the sleeve bearings are damaged by dust and the blower speed slows down. I tried filtering the intake air but that that didn't help.
The F-180 fan is identical in size and almost identical with cfm and rpm. The only problem is that the fan's housing air outlets are vertical, where it should be horizontal for the VC/M insert. I was able to disassemble the unit, rotate the housing air outlets to the horizontal position, and after minor re-wiring, the fan was installed as a perfect replacement. It's operation is quiet and the heated air discharge flow is strong. After 3 weeks of non-stop heating our home with the VC/M insert again, I am very pleased with this F-180 fan blower performance. My hope is that the manufacturer of this fan blower eventually will market a perfect replacement fan blower unit for the Vermont Castings/ Merrimack fire place insert.
There are no product questions yet.